Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Fresh...

 Here is the glider that I just inherited from 
my mom and dad that was my grandparents. 
 It is my newest addition to my screen porch.
 My dad repainted this for my mom,
but it reminded me of a school bus a bit:)
I wanted to go with a more vintage look.
 Zach worked hard grinding off the excess flakes and rust.
Eventually, we will get it sand blasted to get all the rust removed.
 This is the color I picked out...fresh guacamole!
I had to take a picture of some of the other colors on here.
The other green color is when my grandmother had it and 
one that I remember...it was a bit more pea green.
 Zach and I got everything prepped and started in.
 I told Zach he looks so happy to be painting:)
Isn't that what a wife is suppose to do...
stop the hard working man
and tell him to smile.  
 It was fun painting...
 We did a second coat on the front and
here it is!  
I am so thankful to my mom and dad for handing it down and
so thankful to my husband for doing everything he does for me,
including dropping everything and smiling:)

No comments:

Post a Comment