Thursday, August 14, 2014

Camping with family...

We went up to my family's land up in Wausaukee.
I have such fond memories of this land when I was young.
It is kind of surreal to be able to offer this experience to my kids.
 The train tracks was one of my favorites,
especially putting coins on the track:)
 The stream is always freezing cold,
but somehow, unavoidable to get into.
 Last minute thinking by Oscar, allowed us to go fishing. 
 First cast led to a snag and problems because mom
forgot the tackle box...oops.
We dropped the worms from the train track bridge
to feed the non-existent fish.
 We got an ice cream treat,
which is almost impossible since the shack has no power or running water.
 The kiddos loved up the four dogs that belonged to my Aunt and Cousin.
 We played ladder ball, disc golf, and card games.
 It was a blast.
 We sat by the fire and told stories.
 We went for a walk and came back sword fighting.
 The kids requested a night time walk, which was made easier by 
the glow sticks from Aunt Patti.
 The kids didn't want to leave.
 They wanted to stay up there forever.
Who can blame them?
It was an amazing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment