Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Weekend to Remember

This last weekend, I flew to Florida to see my sister, Megan, and her family.
My trip was my Christmas gift from my loving husband and my kids.
My husband stayed home with the kids on his four days of "vacation".
After arriving in Tampa, Megan and I went to the Mall to get outfitted for the beach.
I have never had fun swimsuit shopping before this...we had a lot of fun and laughs.
After getting spoiled, we got lunch at a restaurant and ate outside.
This was the salad I had for lunch(It tasted as good as it looks) and yes, that is a glass of wine...we indulged!
We then went to get pedicures and then got my hair cut and colored.
I felt like a queen.

The following day, we went to Clearwater beach and stayed at the most beautiful hotel.
This was the view from our balcony.

Megan and my favorite part of laying by the pool...the flags on the chairs.
You flip up the flag when you get thirsty and/or hungry and a nice pool boy comes and takes your order...
we had the flag up a lot of the time:)

That night we ate at a restaurant that we walked on the beach to from our hotel
and at yummy Shee-crab soup. 
After eating, we walked the strip, did a little shopping, and listened to some live music outside. 

Megan and I outside the next morning...excited about eating some crab.
We did some searching and decided to get crab legs for lunch.

Here is my darling niece at the Crabby Bills where we ate for lunch. 
Megan and I ate 1.5 pounds each of the most delicious crab for lunch.

My last night in Florida, we went to Flemings.
It was amazing.  I have never eaten such wonderful food in my whole life!
We had calamari, seared tuna, and Tenderloin Carpaccio for appetizers.
Megan and I shared a bone-in rib eye steak for dinner...I usually don't order steak at restaurants,
but it was the best steak I've ever tasted and that's saying something after tasting the tenderloin my dad grills!

I'm enjoying my first ever martini.  There were a couple of firsts this weekend:)

Laying by the pool at my sister's soaking up as much vitamin D before having to get back on the plane to winter weather.
I'm looking extra relaxed due to the hour and a half massage I had just had.
Nothing could have made this weekend better.
Thank you to my wonderful husband for sending me.
And thank you to Megan and Brian for spoiling me beyond belief!

No comments:

Post a Comment