Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Blown Away

At about 5:13pm on Sunday, we had a little excitement.
A big storm came through and with tornado warnings through the valley we live in.

Luckily, no tornado hit down, but the storm did hit us!
The above picture is of my gravel driveway washing away.

The storm came and went pretty fast so with massive amounts of rain....

and hail. 
A couple of times I thought the hail was going to make it through the roof!
I usually don't get too nervous, but the loud pounding of the hail got to me.
My husband stayed upstairs to watch, while I pleaded with him to come downstairs and join the family...
Maybe I worry more than I think:)

Not only did my husband stay upstairs,
but he also ran outside to quickly collect two pieces of hail that bounced off our roof. 
In case your wondering about the size,
they are bigger than golf balls.

Here is my husband making me laugh,
after risking his life to collect the hail.
We are all safe and sound,
but I don't think I can say the same for our roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment