Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Couldn't be Happier...

with my Peaches!
Ok, Ok, I thought I was only getting two(1/2 bushels),
but then I remember the family will want to eat some fresh too.
The way my family eats...I thought it would be best to go back and get another one.
 So I ended up with 3(1/2 bushels) for a grand total of 167 peaches.

The only challenge now was keeping the kids away until they're ripe.

My kitchen during the canning process.

Peach halves waiting to be processed.

Peach halves waiting to be put in water bath.

Peach slices getting ready to be made into pie filling.

End of day one: 12 quarts peach halves
8 freezer peach pie filling
End of day two: 14 quarts peach halves
9 quarts of peach pie filling

While I was busy working, the kids keep their hands busy as well.

They had a great time shelling the peas.

While we didn't have enough for a meal,
there was still enough for a spoonful a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment