Monday, July 25, 2011

My Wonderful Husband

My Zachary came home from work on Saturday with a big surprise for me.
He told me to look out by the garage doors and this is what I saw...
Four perfect apple trees!

We had to cut down a walnut tree to clear the shade for our orchard spot.

Then I hauled it up the road, which was just as much as fun as planting the tree,
as you can see by the smile on my face.

It was a family event and everyone wanted to help.
My little man and Zach were the diggers.
The girls helped to get the water.

The first apple tree in the ground...it's a Zestar. 
The other three trees are SnowSweet. 

My wonderful husband braving the heat to plant the trees.

He works just as hard as Zach does.

Yes, that's sweat pouring down his head.

The kids love the apple trees.

They help water them daily.

And I have to keep reminding them that the two apples we have on the trees,
 aren't ready to pick yet.

I can't wait to see how much they grow in the next few years...

and the trees too.

No comments:

Post a Comment