Wednesday, September 10, 2014

One Year Ago Today....

Our world as we knew it changed.
We found out about Evelyn's heart condition
that needed immediate surgery. 
My world turned upside down.
 I tried to learn how to be a nurse and a mother
and keep up with everything that I used to do, but 
 soon discovered that was an impossible feat.  
Everyone kept saying, give it time and you will get used to your new normal.
 It's been a year since finding out the news and time has helped.
It has gotten easier. I've grown up a lot and realized
what I put value on before, may not have been prioritized the best.
I've grown in my faith, in my relationship with others, 
and in my gratitude for what I have been given from God. 
We are truly blessed to have our little Evie still here with us.  
She is a blessing that I am thankful for every single day.
If you haven't told your loved ones you love them today,
don't wait!  Be thankful for today!


No comments:

Post a Comment