Monday, October 4, 2010

Exciting

Let me start off by saying that just because the blog name is simple life in the woods...
it doesn't mean life is any less exciting.

These pictures were taken on our walk the day we had a scare. 
My husband went for a run and was coming up our dead end road for a cool down. 
My little princess asked if she could go outside and meet dad.
Which I replied,"Yes, but he's already headed up the street so go through the woods to get to him"

Not two minutes later,
my husband came running in with my little princess in his arms.
When asked what happened, I was told...
There was a black bear not 10 feet from husband. 
The three of them made a triangle.

The bear went up on his hind legs and stood as tall as my husband(who is 6 foot),
which is a pretty sizable bear.

I was shaking...
we had walked up that same path two and a half hours earlier,
which I took these pictures from.
I didn't have any on me besides my camera,
 which wouldn't have helped much if I had to protect my babies.

Just a reminder to me...you live in the woods.
Be aware, especially in the fall, for bear,
cougar(which have been spotted within 20miles of our house),
 and wolves.
I might want to bring something more than a camera for protection
 the next time we venture into the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment