Friday, October 29, 2010

My Five Year Old

The day started with a little gourd painting.

My little princess likes to mix the paint colors.

My birthday boy requested a chess board birthday cake...
I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I said "yes."
I've never done a double-layered cake before.

Placing the layers of cake together wasn't the problem.
The tricky part was frosting it.

A note to anyone wanting to make a chessboard cake...
don't put the pieces on until the last minute.
We put ours on as soon as we finished frosting it
and the weight of the pieces started to push the cake out.

My birthday boy was happy with it, which was all that mattered to me.
He requested birthday hats about a month ago and didn't mention again until the morning of his birthday so
I ended up sewing a "crown" from this blog site

A Harry Potter outfit was his request for a birthday present.

This picture is the next morning at breakfast...he really likes the glasses.
My little man is five.  He makes me so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment