Friday, January 14, 2011

My last meal...

...has to include one of my new favorite recipes,
Maple-glazed winter vegetables out of a new cookbook I found.
I can't describe the flavors because it was nothing like I've ever tasted.
When trying new recipes in my family, it's a risk. 
It tends to be either a hit or a disaster.
This was definitely an out-of-the-park home run!
I've had some squash that needs to be used up and this is the perfect application. 
 It's a little tedious having to peel and dice the squash, but one of my butternut squash yielded four,
 two cup servings.  I froze the three remaining servings to use for next time,
which will probably be very soon.

This was a delightful little surprise.
It's called coconut pumpkin pie. I was a little taken back
because I could hardly taste much of the pumpkin in it. 
The pumpkin to coconut ratio was 2:1 so I assumed it would be just a tad different.
The whole family loved it and it was requested for the my little princess' birthday celebration with my parents this weekend.  It was relatively healthy and only had a 3/4 cup of brown sugar in it.
This next batch I think I will substitute with sucanut.

No comments:

Post a Comment