Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Yarn Along

I'm joining Ginny today for the yarn along.
I found some of the cook books recommended in the Seed Savers Exchange Catalog at my local library so I thought I'd check them out.
The Roasted Vegetable by Andrea Chesman looks great and I'm looking forward to trying the roasted artichokes.  This has a chart in the beginning of the book for people like me who want a quick go to guide for how long and at what temp to roast all the vegetables I could think of to roast.  Lost Recipes by Marion Cunningham is a really great book with mostly real food recipes.
I've been really pleased with the few recipes I've tried out so far. 
The scarf I'm making is called the "boyfriend basket weave scarf."
This is a fast scarf and I did adjust the width by half as requested by my hubby, which sped things up even more.  I started this on Friday night should be done by this Friday. A fun little project that doesn't require much thinking, which is great for a busy week.


No comments:

Post a Comment