Thursday, September 1, 2011

Two Firsts in One Day

Well, the day has come.  My first born started kindergarten today.
He looks like such a little man in this picture...next to his goofball sister.

He had a great day. 
His favorite part was getting to see the American flag be put up.
That and getting two chocolate milks(one at snack and one at lunch)

He did wonderful and I have to say, I did great considering he's my first.
What I was so thankful for today,
was not only having a son who I am so proud of and is maturing into a wonderful little man,
but being blessed with such treasured friends and family for support.
One of my dear friends invited me over today to have something to do,
 which is exactly what I needed today.
I had a couple misty moments after dropping my oldest off,
but it's not until now that the flood gates are really opened
 by reflecting on how truly blessed I am.
Thank you.

We not only had a first at school,
but we had a first only an hour after getting home.

 These may look like mug shots, but I had to try to capture the extent of the damage.

Warning:
This is what a four year old is capable of when armed with a scissors in reach.

The part I liked best was the fact she was so concerned about me telling her father...
I promised her I wouldn't tell:)


No comments:

Post a Comment