Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Fourth of July

The Island is known for having a Fourth of July parade and fireworks.

 All kids are welcome to decorate their bike and ride in the parade.
If the children ride in the parade,
 they get to line up to receive a dollar from the fire chief.

Our friends from Island meet us for fireworks every year
and bring the popcorn.

Here's my little princess enjoying her popcorn.

 Everyone had a great time enjoying
 their rest time after riding the bikes.

Yes, I broke down and let Nana spoil them.

 Unfortunately,
the fireworks were cancelled because of the storm that rolled in.
We ended up still having a fun night with a movie and oven s'mores.

Here is the a picture of the ferry leaving the dock.

The girls are sad they were leaving.

We did stop at a playground at an orchard so I could get my
cherries for pie filling. 

 After 6 hours in a vehicle with a the kids,
they indulged in a treat.

 My flower garden got a boost from our Island friends who
had to split perennials.
Here is the before picture:

And the after:
It looks so great...
I wish I could've gotten a better picture
because some of the flowers extend to the left as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment