Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

I was blessed on Mother's day weekend to be able to spend it with my mom.
We had not only beautiful weather, but a wonderful time.  

My mom and my little princess picked me some flowers.

Since we live three and a half hours apart,
we make exceptions when Nana brings treats...
like chocolate covered bunnies at 8:00pm:)

Who was having more fun or should I ask who got more wet?

While Nana watched the kids, Zach and I got busy outside.
The back of my retaining wall has so much space that I knew I could put to better use.

After clearing a pine tree, we were able to haul in the compost.
I ended up planting 20 strawberry plants with lettuce mixed in(good companion plants)
After receiving some Blue Hubbard squash seeds from a friend,
I decided to plant to those above the wall as well so they can sprawl over.

Here is the result of all the work.
Thanks mom for all the love and care you showed me my whole life
and continuing that love to my children.
Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. That is a cute bath time picture. I have an 8 year old son who is an absolutely cutie and I love watching him take his baths. He is always doing something funny that cracks me up. My 9 year old step daughter thinks my son is a super cute and very good looking, and she loves watching and helping out with this bath as well. In fact, I am really glad to have her around because she helps out a lot. I don't have a lot of time in the evenings so she makes sure he gets ready for his bath each evening, runs the water, washes his hair when he gets in the tub, etc, She also makes sure he gets dried off well and she loves to brush and dry his hair. She is a big help around the house.

    ReplyDelete