Wednesday, May 4, 2011

a dog, a date, and a garden

My hubby has been looking for a pet for a while now at all of the animal shelters
around the area and finally, we found what we were looking for...
Frosty!
Besides being camera shy, he is a wonderful dog:)
He is incredibly intelligent and is getting settled into our family nicely.

He loves to be pet.  Welcome to the family Frosty!

We're counting down the days Nana!
We'll miss not seeing you Papa, but just think our trip to the Island isn't too far away now.

Last night we tilled my garden!  I'm so excited to get going. 
It's already May and I don't have my potatoes in yet! 
The weather hasn't been cooperating that well to allow me to plant. 

Here's the tiller hard at work.
 I can't wait to get in there...although this year, I think I will have a helper.
The only thing my little girl wanted to do was to run into the ground we had just tilled:) 

Last, but certainly not least, my tomato plants! 
The stems are really thick, which I'm over joyed about. 
I have been very pleased I decided to try to plant the seeds I saved
and will continue to do so with more plants this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment