Saturday, December 10, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

Well, this Thursday, we went in search of our annual Christmas tree in our backyard.
This year my oldest was a little confused
why we don't just buy a Christmas tree from a tree farm,
because they are "fancy, have lots of branches, and perfect"
This of course made me smile.
Our trees tend to be bigger versions of Charlie Browns' tree.
My response was that it's about tradition, the searching, and doing it as a family. 

Once we got outside, he agreed that getting our tree was fun too. 
Although, I'm sure my little perfectionist might appreciate
if we would plant some pines and prune them a bit for years to come.
The boy likes symmetry.
My little princess had lots of fun playing in the snow.

Here I am with my helper, Frosty, cutting down the tree.

Yes, it was light enough to carry over my shoulder.

We decided that we would buy a tree stand this year in stead of Zach building one.
He sent me into the store so I could pick it out. 
I did pick out the biggest one they had only because it was the sturdiest,
but after putting the tree in it,
I realized I probably didn't need to worry about that.
We tightened the screws the farthest we could...it just fits.


Then to decorating...here's my little man.

They kids wanted to hang every ornament on the tree.
My oldest assisted my little girl on how to hang an ornament.

Zach helped the kids get to the top.

My little girl didn't realize that she was suppose to spread them around. 
All of her ornaments, ended up on the same branch.

Here it is.
Our imperfect Christmas tree
and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment