Friday, June 22, 2012

A Celebration of Life

On Wednesday this week,
the kids and I headed up to spend time with my Aunt Mary.
Since we didn't get a chance to make it to the funeral,
I was especially looking forward to being able to see my aunt
and to celebrate the wonderful life my uncle had.

My other Aunt Patti traveled up also to be able to see us as well,
which was so wonderful to be able to all be together.

My Aunt Patti is the technology wiz and has all the latest gadgets,
which the kids just soaked it up.
We had such a wonderful visit with my Aunt Patti
and are so grateful she made the long trek up to see us!

My oldest was tuned into the Wii games a lot of the time.
He had a blast!

In honor of my uncle,
we celebrated with fruit kabobs,
which is something we ate with him the last time we visited their house.

We all laughed at remembering making fruit kabobs with Uncle Bill
 the last time we visited their house.

The girls were watching intently for butterflies
and enjoyed looking out at the fountain right out the window.

Of course, some things don't change...
we got spoiled with treats and sweets.

We had a wonderful time snuggling, hugging,
laughing, crying, and most of all,
remembering a great man.


No comments:

Post a Comment