Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Strawberries ,strawberries, strawberries

This year instead of buying my 30-40 quarts of strawberries from the Amish,
we went strawberry picking instead. 
It was a family event for those of us who could go...
my sister-in-law, two nephews, and my mother-in-law.

 We had a blast, especially this one right here.
She looks so sweet and innocent,
 although she probably weighed 5 pounds heavier on the way out. 

 We picked four flats for our family.

Maybe down a quart or too from our strawberry thief. 

 Here is my strawberry jam making set up. 
 I have my little helper with me(sneaking strawberries, of course)

I did multiple the batch by six, which it probably too much.
Reminder for next year, only multiply by five. 
The final result:
22 pints
10 half-pints
This is the start of the canning season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment