Monday, December 31, 2012

Up, up, and away...

Well, our plan was to go sledding on Zach's day off.
There is a local sledding hill with a tow rope,
but when we found out the price for tickets($60.00) for the whole family,
we decided to give our dead end road a try instead.
 
 Heading down the driveway,
my husband yells for me to watch out...
he wasn't going to miss any opportunity to sled on this excursion.
 
 The hill doesn't look that long in the picture,
let me attest to it, it is. 
Zach and I both pulled our kids up the hill to get a good path beaten down.
 
 Well, it worked great for the kids,
but the adults were too heavy:(
The kids ended up going down 3 times and walking back up twice.
At this point, I was rethinking the sixty dollars.
 
Zach stayed on the top of the hill to help send down the kids to me
at the halfway point(just to make sure everyone was ok)
We had a great time.

 After we got finished sledding, it was time for some serious fort building.
Another reason to love my garden boxes, they make the best snow forts
when your husband has scrap lumber:)
 
 Oh yes he did.
The roof is secured and mama doesn't have to worry about cave ins.
This is the best fort ever!
 
 The girls even have their own rooms in the fort.
My eldest has been busy building walls everywhere
for when the enemy(dad) attacks with snowballs.
 
We had a great day off...

No comments:

Post a Comment