Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Washing berries and thinking...

of my grandpa, who has been gone almost ten years now.
He had the most amazing raspberry patch(which my cousin Rob now tends)...
I remember as a kid going into the patch and coming out with a gallon
size bucket filled then eating a bowl of raspberries and milk as a treat.
 So many great memories are attached to that wonderful man.
Some people in this world just get you(I don't know how else to explain it)
and he is one of those people in my life.
 I have to smile and think how he would have loved
my raspberry jam...he had a sweet tooth!
Right now, I'm thinking of how blessed I am to have
all of the wonderful memories that I do of our time together.
He may not be on this earth anymore,
but his memory goes with me everywhere I go.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment