Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Boogie Rondo...

is something from my sisters and my childhood.
Thanks to my mother,
we all got to experience it/him,
just in different ways.
For my sisters,
they only needed to behave to have Boogie Rondo
leave sweets and treats for them.
She got smarter when she had me and put my friends and I to work.
Boogie Rondo would only come if we filled
ice cream bucket of acorns and pinecones and leave it on the back step.
When they were filled,
we had to run around the house and when we got back,
he would have left us treats.
So on our trip,
the grandkids did it and had a blast.
 They found all the pinecones.
 They followed Aunt MaeMae around the house.
 They had just as much fun following the leader
 all around the house.
They came back to find the bowl of treats(for the record,
I usually worked for one treat- they got three treats)
Boogie Rondo is still going and being
passed to another generation.


No comments:

Post a Comment