Friday, October 18, 2013

We're On Top of the World

So this whole adventure started because I was trying to
get a fall leaf pictures for my sisters.
I was frustrated that the power lines were in the way.
So Zach told the kiddos and I to get our hiking shoes on.
And up we went.
Keep in mind I have never been up to the 'cave'
before so I didn't know the extent of our adventure. 
If I knew the almost vertical rock climbing,
I'm sure I would have opted for the children not to attend.
We all made it safely and had a blast. 
The view went on and on and on.
The kids just kept repeating, "We're on top of the world!"
 I'm glad Evie was still holding onto Zach though.
 We could see wind mills in Cashton and houses in Sparta.
 The pictures don't do the colors justice,
but at least it's something.
Up on top of the bluff,
we had to go through some woods. 
The kiddos kept saying they felt like they were in the story
The Spooky Old Tree:)
It was a little eerie.
 Our faithful cat 'Mittens' followed us the whole way.
The pictures a little blurry,
but this is a rock face we hugged to get to the cave.
Here is the cave.
We were hoping that no animals were in it when we got there.
We could walk into it and
it goes to the right and you can't see to the end!
 The rock structure outside of the cave.
The kids loved it
and after we got down(and everyone was safe)
so did I:) 
 Here is one more picture of a neighboring hill that can be seen from our
front window.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment