Tuesday, October 11, 2011

All Grown Up

Maybe it's just me, maybe it's because I wasn't there,
maybe I'm in denial, maybe because I'm so proud,
but my oldest seems to be all grown up.
He got an idea.
He asked Zach if there was any chance they could go fishing this past weekend.

Of course, my husband was just as excited to go,
but they decided to leave the boat at home and fish from shore.

Patience of a almost six year old yielded the one and only fish.
We are all so proud, he casted and reeled it all by himself.
His first question out of his mouth was, "Can I eat it?"

So my men came back from the fishing trip with one fish
and Zach filleted it and fried it for him to eat.
I did snatch a small bite and told him how wonderful it tasted.
I was told, "Don't worry mom, next time I'll catch even more so you can have some."
My little man made me smile.
What a wonderful person he is growing into to
and what a fisherman he is becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment