Sunday, October 9, 2011

Carmel Apples Anyone?

Some of my fondest fall memories as a kid
was making carmel apples, jumping into leaf piles,
and carving pumpkins.

Naturally, things don't always go exactly how you plan them with children,
which can sometimes be harder than it seems to 'let go'. 

I do recall saying out loud when I was at my wits end,
"I'm trying to create happy memories!"

After feeling bad for having a 'mommy dearest' moment(no wire hangers invovled),
I sliced apples and let the kids dip into the left over carmel.

Carmel did get all over...clothes, arms, faces, and hair.

But the loss of control and the sticky counters was the worth the smiles...

and hopefully, some happy memories.
(This picture doesn't do her face justice...it was covered in carmel!)

No comments:

Post a Comment