Monday, October 17, 2011

A Visit and a Surprise

Well, we were happy to host my husband's grandmother
for a couple of days last week.
She is an expert knitter and crocheter.
While we visited during the day,
I knit and she crocheted.
Of course, we did that between games of go fish, puzzles, and books.
I managed to complete my big girls sweater.

I was very happy with how it turned out despite the more difficult directions
for a beginner like myself.

When I told her I had a surprise for her on the table in the morning...
her response was, "pizza?"
Although, it wasn't edible, it was the next best thing.

She wore it to mass on Sunday and loves playing with the big buttons.

Trying to get a two year old to stand in certain positions to take a picture
isn't always the easiest so excuse the pictures. 
  


I made the sweater jacket a tad big so she can wear it for at least a year or more.

The visit was a hit and so was the sweater.
What a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment