Monday, August 13, 2012

Harvesting...

Carrots, carrots, carrots.
In the years I've been gardening,
 I have never harvested enough carrots to store in my root cellar,
until this year. 

 Usually potato harvesting is my favorite
because you never know what your going to get.
Carrots are now on the top of my list.
The kids took turns pulling them out
and handing to me to clip the tops off.

My big girl had a hard time remembering to pull only one out at a time.


My little princess declared,
"Pulling Carrots as her favorite thing to do."
(I'm sure until we dig potatoes, pick apples, and harvest the beets) 


My favorite thing about my garden this year,
canning less pickles, beans, and tomatoes
because my little ones went around
eating them off the vines every time we went outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment