Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Some Husbands...

Some Husbands surprise their wives by
an unexpected date night or perhaps flowers or chocolate...
but not my husband.
My surprise usually comes in the form of lumber in the back of his truck.
(Hey ladies, I'm not complaining:)
Zach came home from work on Saturday at about 12:30
and said I have the lumber to build your garden shed.
"By the way, you didn't have any plans this weekend did you?"
As always, it's a family event and everyone helped.

Are you ready?
Because from start to finish it took less then 6 hours,
including potty and eating breaks.


Who needs flowers anyway?
I think I got the better deal!

He built and I ran around getting tools and lumber.
(And taking pictures)

There's the doorway.
Zach will be making the door and windows for it.

 Here comes my favorite part...
the roof.

 I just love that it starts out looking like an X.

Then turns into a flower.

Then it turns into snowflake.
(The difference between men and women...
Zach thinks dimensions and I think snowflakes;)


Isn't it cute?  I absolutely love it!

 I was taking pictures while Zach was on the roof.

 Here is my wonderful husband.

Here it is, not totally finished, but weatherproofed. 

Since I've taken this picture, I have moved all of my garden supplies into it.
Zach made me a couple of shelves and hung all my garden tools on the wall.
(I will make sure to post a picture of that soon!)




No comments:

Post a Comment