Monday, August 6, 2012

I'm Back...

And busy as ever!

So many things have happened since I've last posted.
-We took a trip to my aunts and had a wonderful time.
-Canned pickles and beans
-Worked in the garden
-Put up some potatoes(about 100lbs)
-Received news of a new niece who I can't wait to hold
-Quilting a baby blanket to take down with me when I visit her
-All the normal work that goes along with being a stay-at-home mom

Here are my latest pictures of my garden boxes:
My carrots have never done this good.
I'm so excited to pick them!
After I picked my radishes,
I planted cilantro and it's almost ready.

I LOVE how my cucumbers all draped over the edges of the box.

It makes it easier for the little ones to get in there to help pick.

Here is a pictures of my potatoes
and my towering tomato plants behind them.

All of my plants that were transplanted,
survived and are doing well. 
My sister-in-law is also splitting some of her flowers
and being so kind to share.

Here is my wonderful husband who graciously
built in some shelves for my canning addiction I have. 
It fits three rows deep of jars. 
And I couldn't be happier!
In my peach boxes underneath the shelves,
I've stored some of my potatoes that I'm hoping will last us through to next year.
That big gallon on top of the shelves is maple syrup that I purchased,
along with 2 quarts of our maple syrup.

This is a picture that makes me feel complete.
I know I'm crazy, but sometimes happiness can come in a jar:)



No comments:

Post a Comment