Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Fabric Scraps

Quilting always leaves me with scraps, which I love
because you can always use those little scraps in another project.
Well, I tend to be thrifty(others may name it something different)
when it comes to spending money.
Especially, when you need to replace bath mats in the children's
bathroom where they may need to get washed frequently.
 
 So instead of buying a new set, I thought about what I could do myself.
This is what I came up with.
I used scraps in my quilting drawer and bought four large bath towels(about $12 total)
to use as batting and backing for absorbency. 
I made quilt tops then placed them right sides together on the two towels layered
and sewed around leaving a spot to turn right-side-out.
Then I quilted the layers.
For the mat around the toilet,
I traced a template out of a paper and cut out the fabric according to the template.
(The store bought mats always go onto the sides of the toilets because they are too narrow)
 
 
They turned out great and
 I am in the process of making a set for the main bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment