Wednesday, April 24, 2013

When the laundry hamper is full...

keep on sewing!
Well, I have been trying to keep up on laundry,
but it seems this is a daily battle that I will never likely win.
So my theory, accomplish other projects that I can get done.
Flawed plan you say...well, maybe, but more fun:)
 
This is a block I did up for my Bikin' Chicks Group that I'm a part of.
It's a block of the month club with 11 other ladies.
Everyone is assigned a month to pick four of your favorite fabrics
and everyone makes a 12.5'' block with the fabrics you picked by the end of that month.
Basically everyone walks away at the end of the year with 12 different blocks
that you can make into a quilt, wall hanging, table runners, place mats, or
 whatever you can think of.
I'm really enjoying it and am planning on doing it next year.


 I'm hoping my soon to be sister-in-law doesn't read my blog because
this is her bridal shower gift I just finished for her.
 
It turned out cute and am hoping she likes it.
My master plan is to make three other seasonal table runners for
the wedding gift.

Can anyone guess what this is?
Hint: She really loves coffee.

That's right a cup cozy with 'Mrs.' on the front.
It's so cute I may make one for myself.
Off to switch loads and turn my sewing machine back on;)
Happy sewing.


No comments:

Post a Comment