Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Warm Weather....

brought this family outside this weekend.
We decided to start a project that we have been wanting to do
since we moved in...clean up the woods. 
At first, I was a little hesitant.  Once we started
and I realized how much more space we had, I rolled up my sleeves.
Woods are just like thinning vegetables when gardening.
As much as you hate to pull those sprouts that aren't at the 2in mark,
when you do, you get bigger vegetables from the ones you leave to grow.
Same principle here.

We were able to go through and see which trees to keep and
which trees to cut down depending on variety and location.
Zach trimmed all the trees that we are keeping
so that you don't need to bend over to walk under them.

Yes, the ax was used, but of course power chainsaws are fun too.

This is a quick shot of what things looked like before the clean up.
Branches and logs were hauled to brush piles to be burned at a later date.
I can honestly say, I was wore out after a day and a half of hauling.
 
Can you find my cat in this picture?
The kids helped in the beginning as usual and then got hot.
My oldest decided to take off his shirt.
Then I hear a noise of giggles and screams and when I turn around...

I see the girls decided to do the same thing. 
At this point, I laughed and was thankful we didn't live in town.
 
Here is a finished shot of part of the area that we cleared. 
I thought this project would last this whole summer,
but after this weekend and at this pace, maybe only a couple more weekends.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment