Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just a little elbow grease...

Well, Zach had the weekend off with only a few side jobs to do here and there,
he found himself asking, what are we going to do this weekend...
my answer,"let's put in the hallway to the library and I'll paint the kitchen:)"
All the things we've been talking about for the last year and
haven't done because he's been so busy with other projects.
After about a year of talking about this,
 it only took four hours to actually put the hallway in.

We still need trim and paint,
but we have full access to the library from upstairs now.
The kids have already used the library more now than they ever have.

This picture is of Zach standing in the library,
knocking down the hallway entrance. 

A picture of cutting the doorway from the library side.

This is the picture of the hallway right now. 
We need to paint and also get a lighting fixture in here soon.

Of course, the girls were wanting their pictures in here too.

Another project that I began this last weekend was painting the kitchen.
I have been in need of a little something different.
We will be also painting all of my existing cabinets white in the weeks to come.

I decided on the color 'Fog of London'.
Who couldn't fall in love with that name?
Anyhow, when the paint was mixed it turned out lighter than the sample
and ended up a periwinkle.

So I will be painting another, hopefully darker, coat on the walls,
but for now it's enough of a change.
This process has been a whirlwind so far
and I can't wait to continue.

Here is my big girl who was right in the action the whole time.
It scared me a little when her favorite part of the process
was Zach doing the demolition. 
I have to keep a closer eye on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment