Friday, January 27, 2012

Our Trip to Green Bay

Well, the kids and I headed to Green Bay this last weekend
to help get the house ready for Papa's recovery from hip surgery.
Despite the driving conditions, the trip went fairly well.
Car rides are always a little stressful with three kids especially when Dad isn't there.
I think we stopped for a few more potty breaks
 than we would have if Dad was in the truck.

 We had such a great time though and we happy to come and help.
And of course, we had to go sledding.
I don't know who had more fun...
the kids or Nana and me.
There was one time that I was laughing so hard I was crying.

It's so neat taking your kids to a place that you enjoyed so much as a kid...
I know I spent hours on the hill in front of my parents house.

And it helped get some of that energy out from all the "treats" Nana was dishing out.
P.S. Nana, next time no ice cream before 12:00pm!
That's the last time I take a shower with Nana downstairs with the kids without Papa.

Papa's hip was a little sore so he had to lay down, but had a buddy with him the whole time.

My big girl couldn't get enough of Papa!

Well, so much for rest. Papa became an indoor jungle gym.
We had a great time back in Green Bay
and hope to have helped a little in getting the recovery set.
Since the trip, Papa had a successful hip surgery and is recovering well.
Please continue to keep him in your prayers, thank you.

This picture is unrelated to the trip to Green Bay.  
I made this cake for my knitting night that I host at my house.
It's called Cafe Latte Turtle Cake.
Oh, how I love knitting night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment