Monday, September 30, 2013

It's what we do...

We have been putting off building a playhouse for a while now. 
But with recent events putting things into perspective,
I say Carpe Diem!
We scavenged a whole bunch of used lumber and deck boards
for the kids playhouse and started in.
 We made sure Evie was "in charge"
and not lifting anything:)
 It was a team effort.
The kiddos helped mix the concrete that got poured down by the posts.
We needed to get a couple boards at the lumber yard,
but car rides seem to help Evie 'rest' so that was just fine with me.
Zach built while I hauled the lumber.
Remind me again why we live on the hill?!?
Zach got the decking screwed down on Saturday.
On Sunday morning after mass, we picked up donuts
and had a picnic on the deck.
The kiddos loved it!
 While I cleaned house on Sunday,
Zach went to work building the walls.
When he finished a side,
I would help him haul place it on the platform.
All four sides are up and
there's even a little ramp to walk up. 
Next step it to get the roof on and shingled.
I've already decided this will be my sewing room
when the kids move out of the house:)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment