Friday, September 6, 2013

Our Life these days...

has been a little crazy with school starting
and the garden winding down.
 I had to take a picture of a perfect dinner in my opinion...
-fresh sliced tomatoes
-hummus made from my canned garbanzo beans
-celery stalks
-carrots from our garden
-homemade ranch dip
This meal is what I dream in the Fall, Winter, and Spring!
 Here are my little ones(not so little anymore)
ready for the first day of school.
They are enjoying homemade cinnamon rolls
made by Grandma...thank you Grandma!
You know the meal is a hit when the kids ask me to
get the recipe:)
 My tomatoes are still going strong.
I think this was the last big pick,
but I'm putting these up as I type this.
 Here is My Big Girl and I picking tomatoes and having fun.
 What I've been doing all day so far:)
I started with grape jelly and am on to tomatoes.
 I just had to take a picture of my newest splurge...
the Ball, collection elite, half pint jars.
They make me smile every time I look at them. 
They only negative is they come in packs of four!
I would by them by the case:)
My Big Girl took this picture today. 
She is getting to be such a big helper,
while I was busy canning she occupied herself by painting and coloring.
As you can see I picked up pears and am planning
on canning as soon they are ripe.
I will probably do that tomorrow before they get
eaten all up:)

No comments:

Post a Comment