Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Coughs and Crafts...

Well, what a better way to start off summer by taking a trip to the ER?
Besides some antibiotics and some extra strength Tylenol,
we are hoping to be on the fast track to getting better...
it is summer after all. 
 What am I to do with a sick little one and two kiddos
starting a cold, but wanting to be entertained?
The only thing I know to do...crafts, crafts, and more crafts.
 I saw somewhere that painting rocks to look like strawberries and
putting them by your plants,
will deter the birds away from eating the real berries.
 
The theory:
The birds will be frustrated with pecking at rocks that
by the time the real strawberries come,
they will leave them alone.
I'm willing to try anything at this point.
I'll keep you posted on the results.
 
 Next project: pine cone bird feeders.
 I love it how everyone of the kids gets hooked on
different projects...you can tell who liked this one the best. 
 Even though it was a "hot day" according to the kids(78 degrees),
they managed to stay with me for the assembly.
My eldest loved hanging them on the branches so
we can watch from the dinner table.
 
I am planning on this summer being a blast
and having at least one art project a week. 
Well, we are a week into summer and
have been gone for three out of the seven days
and are on the third craft project...
I think I need to slow down:)

No comments:

Post a Comment