Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Please Mama...

While the older two kiddos were at a train museum,
My Big Girl was a little down that she wasn't going
 so I promised fun with just her, mom, and dad.
 My Big Girl wanted mama and her to go in the pool. 
"It's not that hot out and the water's really cold, honey." I said.
"Please Mama." My Big Girl said looking up with puppy dog eyes.
I warmed up quickly with by giving my Big Girl
rides around the pool.
 On Monday,
I got a call from a friend telling me the Amish had some
strawberries and they were mine if I wanted them...
like there was any doubt.
I washed the berries in a vinegar and water solution
hulled and froze them.
 I did enough strawberry jam last year that I didn't need to this year. 
So we now have bags of frozen strawberries
and crushed strawberries in the freezer for the winter.
In the next couple of weeks,
I have to take inventory of my pantry and make a list of
needed items for canning for this year.


1 comment:

  1. that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool

    ReplyDelete