Thursday, June 13, 2013

In my gardens...

lots of things got marked off the check list. 
It's amazing how being gone three days,
 can make that much
of a difference in my gardens.
 The strawberry rocks got placed...
I think the kiddos liked this part the best!
 This was the first time I checked the red sedum roots that I planted.
Almost all of the 96 plants came up and are flowering.
 This heart breaking discovery was noticed immediately
when we got home. 
The deer found my fruit trees!
I did some research and found liquid fence,
which is a natural deterrent to deer.
It had great reviews and
besides stepping into an ant hill and getting bit by ants while applying(I mean really),
it was very easy to use.
 My garden boxes are doing great. 
We had to put off our original plan of making a large scale tomato cage this year
and use my normal cages
because my plants grew like crazy while I was away.
Here is a view of my garden boxes from today.
My newest additions to my flower beds were bleeding hearts.
We have had daisies growing in our yard for years
so I moved them into the flower beds.
I have more spices growing in pots(basil, rosemary, lavender, and chives)
so I'm hoping that I will have some continuous harvests.
Feeling blessed in so many ways today!

No comments:

Post a Comment