Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Our Weekend Getaway

We went up to Door County with our close friends.
It's always funny when we go places
and people ask us how we are related.
This was the view outside our backdoor.
I don't think it gets better than this. 
 Of course, what a better way to commemorate the trip,
but a little splash in the lake on Friday afternoon?
 I didn't let Deb even try the temperature of the water
because that would have guaranteed not going in. 
We held hands ensuring no body being left behind.
Everyone was saying I had Deb's hand in a vice grip
 and that I was dragging her in no matter what.
 I don't think it was that extreme...well maybe. 
 But we made it in.
 And out safely with smiles on our faces.
So how bad was it, really?
Well, saying it was cold would be lying,
it was freezing!
 We played on the beach.
 The boys played beach football
and my eldest boy was quarterback,
which he LOVED.
 There were snuggles to be had on the beach.
And helped warm the kids up too!
I don't know who was having more fun,
the kids or the adults. 
 Look what washed up on shore...
What a beautiful mermaid! 
 Look who got Deb back into the water on Saturday?
"Hey Brent, could you wash off my feet?"
"Oh, just my feet, no, just my feet, AHHHH!"
 Water is so much fun!
 "I never want to get up and be a mermaid forever."
 Look at this face, 
how could this boy ever do anything wrong?
Is that sand your picking up?:)
This is usually the mark of a good trip. 
What a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment