Sunday, May 19, 2013

Garden Oasis

"What do you think of this, honey?", asks Zach.
"I'm sure I will love it, but it looks like more work then just putting down mulch." I said.
"But it will look better," said Zach.
"Yes, it will," said this eye-rolling mama.
 
 
Well, two weeks later we went to work.
These are the before pictures...

 
We started with a edging around our back yard.

 
The kiddos, of course, helped.
Especially, Our Big Girl serenading us as we worked.
 
Zach and I worked at the littlest part first,
then worked toward the garden boxes.


 
Then we went up to picked up the concrete to use as pavers
to use around the garden boxes.
 
Zach did all the digging and I did the placing.
 
Here is the after pictures with the edging and mulch...
 


(Hopefully our grass plugs work and our sand turns to grass)
It turned out great and
I told Zach he built me a 'garden oasis'.
We sat down on the porch and enjoyed the view.
 

Meanwhile, the kids de-clothed and
My Big Girl had a sack race with herself.
Life doesn't get any better than this! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment