Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day

Being a mom for me is something I feel I'm been called to do.
This in no means that I'm anything close to perfect.
Everyday I'm tested and don't always choose correctly
or I let the frustrations get the better of me.
All I can do is try my best.
I don't think children realize this until they too become parents.
 
Thinking of this makes me smile recalling my childhood:
-Thinking it's so embarrassing when your mother sings along to the radio
and now my children are the ones complaining of MY singing:)
-Feeling it was so unfair that I didn't get a baby book that had anything written in it
and now I'm rushing to complete my Big Girl's scrapbook of her first two years
(she's turning 4 this summer):) 
-My mother being able to make me roll my eyes because of how she said something
and now I catch myself talking or acting just like my mother. 
-When I threw a gum wrapper out the window and
my mom pulled the car over so I could pick it up and dispose of it properly...
yesterday, we picked up a piece of trash that just mysteriously "flew out the window"
The list could go on and on...
 
Thank you mom for everything you have done for me:
-loving my father
-changing diapers
-spending time with me(instead of filling baby books) 
-teaching me kindness and love
-sending me to the schools you did
-always showing your support of me
-loving me
-doing your best
Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mom...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment