Monday, May 27, 2013

Thank you...

Gratitude and prayers are sent to all of our service men and women
and their families. We appreciate your daily sacrifice!
 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!  
My brother-in-law dropped off a surprise this weekend,
which was a bag full of morels. 
What else could a girl ask for? 

This was the first time I prepared it myself and
I basically just fried them in butter.
Even my Big Girl who usually shy away from cooked mushrooms,
kept asking for more!
Thanks Henry.

I love how this next picture came about.
It all started with everyone from My little Princess' class
all going camping this weekend and her disappointment that we weren't.
The conversation went a little like this:
"Why can't we go camping this weekend like everyone else?"
"Because we live in the woods so we get to experience 'camping' everyday."
"But I want to be like everyone else, mom"
"Well, I think being yourself is much more important than being like everyone else."
"But I really want to sleep in a tent!"
"OK. Let's see what we can do about that."
I set up the tent right outside the screen door that goes into the house.

Zach and I stayed up talking and waiting to see who would be the
first one to come in. 
Well, the kiddos won because they made it the whole night!
I think I got less sleep than everyone
 because every time I heard a noise,
 I got up to make sure the kids were safe.
They had a great time and wanted to sleep in the tent the following night too...
I think I know what we'll be doing this summer:)

Good news with my chicks and hens...
they are multiplying!
The little tiny balls are babies!
I planted some of the babies in the other openings that didn't have any.
Maybe I won't have to wait until I'm 90 to fill the wall:)

No comments:

Post a Comment